Hello lovely ladies! I am so excited to share some great news with you! I was chosen by Ispy and Benefit to host a Lash Bash this Saturday. What is a lash bash, you ask? I was sent a cosmetic bag full of Benefit cosmetics for myself and 10 sets of Benefit samples in cute little goody bags for my friends. At the end of this post, I will give YOU a chance to win some of the products from my bash!
*Please excuse the quality of the photos in this post. My camera was dead, so I had to use my phone in poor lighting. I just couldn't wait any longer to share.
Of course I was too impatient to wait for my party, so I decided to test out the products a little early. Hey, I have to be informative at my party. ;) Here is a picture of a look that I created this Saturday:
I received several compliments, so I would like to share how I acheived this look. Most of the products used are from my hostess kit.
1. I usually apply primer, but on this day I forgot to. I started with Sephora 10 Hour Wear Perfection Foundation ($20 sephora.com). My shade was matched perfectly for me using the Color IQ. You can learn more about that HERE. I applied it using my Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush ($12.99 everydayminerals.com)
2. Next, I applied Revlon Nearly Naked Powder in Medium ($7.99 at local retailers) using my all time favorite powder brush. I use IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Powder Brush ($24 Birchbox).
3. Next I used gimme BROW ($22 benefitcosmetics.com) in light/medium on my brows to help soothe and shape them.
4. After that I applied new Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow ($20 each benefitcosmetics.com) in Bikini Tini and Bronze Have More Fun. These are my new favorite shadows. I applied it directly with my fingers. The product melted to my fingers upon touch and glided effortlessly on my lids. I used Bikini Tini all over the lid and smudged Bronze Have More Fun in my creases.
5. Next I applied Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (100 point perk Sephora) on my upper lid right along the lash line.
6. Following that, I applied two coats of the infamous Yes, They're Real mascara ($23 benefitcosmetics.com). It really does make your eyes pop!
7. The next step is to sweep some Hervana "good karma" face powder on your cheeks. This powder blends nicely to give a soft glow. I love that it is not overpowering, but makes you appear bright and alert.
8. Now I used Benetint ($30 benefitcosmetics.com) on my lips. This product looks blood red, goes on like a liquid, and dries quickly as a perfect rosy hue. It can look a bit intimidating in the tube, but I have used this for a long time as both a lip and cheek stain and it is very natural.
9. Finally, I topped my lips with American Beauty Enduring Beauty Lipstick in Plum Crazy ($14.50 Kohls). This is one of my favorite shades for my skintone and I receive compliments all the time. It is very long lasting and leaves lips nice and smooth.
Ok, now for the part you have all been waiting for...
I will be giving away a Benetint stain deluxe sample (value $8), a travel size They're Real mascara ($7.50), and deluxe sample of Sugarbomb lipgloss ($10) for a total retail value of $25.50. I will also have an additional Sugarbomb lipgloss available on my Facebook page for those who share my page with their friends. Be sure to check out my facebook page for more details.
a Rafflecopter giveaway